Friday, August 13, 2010

Visit to Peranakan Museum

Today, Ms Lim brought my friends and I to the Peranakan Museum for a field trip! Everybody was excited as we were about learn more about the Peranakan culture and its past, in order to have a deeper understanding of the literature text we were studying, Emily of Emerald Hill. Ms Lim also gave us a worksheet to fill up, as we went from a place to another. As I have watched the Channel 8 drama "The Little Nonya", I had a little knowledge of the Peranakan culture. As we strolled in the Peranakan Museum, I found out that there was Peranakans were actually Chinese, with a little Malay in their culture. We also learnt about food, rituals, clothings and even saw the utensils and cutlery of the Peranakan families. From this field trip, I was able to have a greater understand of Peranakan Culture and better imagine the life of Emily in the Play.

No comments:

Post a Comment